Bridges West kids enjoy their new shirts!Tue, Jul 21st, 2015
The Bridges West kids got to wear their new tie-dyed shirts last night. They loved wearing something that they had created themselves!
Fridays on the PromenadeFri, Jul 17th, 2015
This Friday, July 17th, Center For Siouxland is the volunteer group for Fridays on the Promenade. The music starts at 6 P.M. so grab your lawn chairs and $3 and head to the Promenade for a great time and to support a great agency! Jimbo Mathus & the Tri-State Coalition will be on stage.
Center For Siouxland Bridges West Kids Tie-Dye Shirts!Tue, Jul 14th, 2015
Center For Siouxland staff and volunteers made tie-dye shirts with the kids at Bridges West. It was a fun project, soon the kids will be wearing their new tie-dyed designs with a smile and saying "I made it myself!"
Job Opening for a Financial Case ManagerWed, Jul 8th, 2015
Center For Siouxland currently has a full-time job opening for a Financial Case Manager.
Financial Case Manager Job Description:
- Manage funds for clients who receive SSI/SSDI/SS benefits
- Ensure daily needs are being met
- Secure community resources
- Assist in maintaining a budget
- Ensure clients are safe from financial abuse and exploitation
- Collaborate with community resources to provide service to the client
- Meet with clients on a regular basis
- Provide crisis intervention when necessary
- Degree in Human Services/Social Services field preferred
- Experience working in the Human Services/Social Services field for a minimum of 2 years
- Must be a team player, willing to assist at all levels of the organization
Open until filled, if you are interested in this position please mail your resume and cover letter to: Center For Siouxland, Attention: Jonette Spurlock, 715 Douglas Street, Sioux City, IA 51101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Center For Siouxland is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bridges West Community GardenTue, Jun 30th, 2015
Recently Center For Siouxland received a grant from Missouri River Historical Development, Inc. (MRHD) to fund a Community Garden at our Bridges West Transitional Housing site. The Community Garden is starting to take shape. Thank you once again to MRHD for awarding us the grant. Thank you also to our staff members, Alison Justice and Susan McGuire and volunteer, Annette Peterson that have done the work on the project.